THINGS I OPENLY ADMITTED IN MY REFINERY 29 ARTICLE ABOUT CANCER AND BEAUTY
Or you can just read the whole article here http://www.refinery29.com/cancer-diagnosis-beauty-coping-mechanism
- •I care more about my hair than I do about dyingAnd I'm not alone in feeling this way
- •I was a spoiled brat with perfect skinUntil I started Chemo and it became AWFUL
- •I know I'm prettyNot model pretty, but definitely pretty
- •Nobody can tell you don't have eyelashes with the right eyelinerDitto eyebrows
- •I spent a small fortune on cosmetics and skincareI'm pretty sure anyone on here who's read any of my lists knows this - as further proof here's me waking up from surgery.... With a cat eye
- •Zero. Fs. Given.I want to be the poster child for the it's OK to care how you look movement! Because guess what - it's Ok!! Im not advocating for conforming to narrow standards of beauty or doing anything dangerous- I just like wearing make-up and giving myself facials. I ask you, is that so bad?