THINGS MY BEST FRIENDS GAVE ME DURING MY MASTECTOMY RECOVERY THAT PROBABLY SAVED MY LIFE
In case you are looking for something most awesome, to give someone in your life who's going through this hellish experience. Here's Some creative and amazing ideas by @thatzoegirl @gabimoskowitz @sophie, my mom, And Al. They nailed it so hard that it might take a Arnold Schwarzenegger and a claw hammer to pull that sh!t out of the wall.
- •A t-shirt that says killing itThat's right cancer, you about to be dead. Plus 12,000 points because the shirt is SHINY and GOLD but still totes minimalist
- •A very special fortune cookieThe lucky numbers on the back are #oo
- •A trip to a gorgeous pool to lie around...Because if you're too sick to do anything but lay around, WHY NOT AT A pool?!?! Paige and Zoe, your pool time invites probably saved my life or at least my sanity.
- •a lotion bouquetLike a small fortunes worth of healing creams for everything from pain to swelling to stretchmarks. Stuff insurance doesn't cover which costs a bloody fortune but makes such a huge difference in happiness. Please please please nothing scented - medicines make you so sensitive to smells (causes rashes and migraines!)
- •A really cute place to store my hideous pillsBecause staring at them makes me feel like the sick person I technically am. How freaking cute is this? To be fair @glossier gives this to everybody but i care not at all
- •Gorgeous and rare fresh fruits@gabimoskowitz brought me the last of her figs - I'm pretty sure it's the only thing I've actually wanted to eat in the last four months. also just enough that I can taste them, not so much that I feel guilty when they go bad...
- •Rides everywhereLike not just to doctors appointments (although I would never survive without you al!) but also to fun things I want to attend like @sophiec driving me to every single event in September and October. bonus points it if comes with a corgi I can gently snuggle...
- •If I agree to go to a party, save me a seatI cannot stand around, being innocently jostled by thoughtless drunk people. Save me a nice, protected seat and I will love you forever
- •Asking me for advice that makes me feel usefulBecause I have felt absolutely worthless and Steph's requests for styling tips have made me feel completely redeemed and like I might actually have something to contribute http://www.denajulia.com/2015/10/personal-styling.html?m=1 http://www.denajulia.com/2015/10/decor-wishlist-under-50.html?m=1
- •PlaylistsFrom Lauren Berson on Spotify: https://open.spotify.com/user/laurenrazak/playlist/3I1UouUFZHUeSIWw9sjaNJ
- •Daily funnies & relevant articlesThat require no response or pressure of any kind but help me from feeling totally isolated and apart from the world. tHanks @sashka