WAYS IN WHICH THE BOOK I'M GOING TO WRITE WILL BE JUST LIKE "WHY NOT ME?"
If I were a teacher creating a curriculum for a certain kind of book then "Why Not Me?" would be the first book in the syllabus. Alternate title for this list: Why NOT Me?
- •Like WNM, people will want to read it over and over again.It will be comforting literature of a genre best described as "like getting an email when your ex wants you back." Reading it just makes you feel good.
- •The challenges in my story will be universal even though my life experiences are distinctly special.You are an incredibly hard-working and talented celebrity, and I am a girl living with stage IV metastatic breast cancer... the only thing that unites these two traits is that these things do not happen to everyone. I hope that if I am a good enough writer like you are, then the lessons I have learned - despite their situational rarity- will still touch and inspire everyone. Also, like a celebrity my life seems filled with the kind of cinematic extremes that make for great inspirational tales.
- •It will be a loosely grouped collection of vignettes.Like a good wedding toast, morality tales are best delivered in short punchy memories with a distinct beginning, middle, punchline/end. This style of communication has served me well so far and seeing it in perfectly executed form in YNM gives me hope.
- •It will be sweet, but also funny and real.Because I think WNM has officially proved once and for all that literature can be all of those things.
- •Old friend, inspiration, and bonafide celebrity @gabimoskowitz will make delightful cameos in the stories.
- •I will be brave enough to share the parts of me I like the least, and also the best.Like all good writing does. It also helps people realize you are a real person and not a fictional character/inspiration-robot programmed for their literary pleasure. I may draw on my life for my writing but that doesn't mean I like to be judged for my life decisions either, but if you must judge me then LIKE ME.
- •I will include a tastefully curated selection of pictures of me where I look effing fabulous.Why people never thought to do this sooner is beyond me, but @mindy looks like a sex goddess in every picture in her book and I plan to do the same. Pure. Genius.