Restaurant/bar Tips for Paris
So I just got back from Paris and went to a few gems from my Parisian friends that I thought I might share with list appers
- •La Pointe du Grouin, 8 Rue due BelzunceNear Gare du Nord, this bar/restaurant is an excellent starting point for your night. It operates on policy of buying coupons and then you buy your drinks and food. That can be annoying but the food is so good, it's worth it. Get the chanterelles in cream sauce. If you have enough people with you, head to the back where you will find a wine cellar type thing full of magnums of wine. It's amazing.
- •Hotel Particular Montmartre, Pavillon D, 23 Avenue JunotThere is a bar at this place that is so hipster cool but the alcohol list is the best I have ever seen. I didn't get to try the cocktails though.
- •La Librarie, 2 Rue DubanThis was a stumbled upon restaurant as the original restaurant we had gone to the 16th for was closed. It was SO worth it. The steak tartare was the best I have ever had and the walls were full of books.
- •Used Book Cafe, Merci 111 boulevard BeaumarchaisHoused in the concept store, Merci, the Used Book Cafe is a book lover's paradise. It looks like the book shop that Belle went to in Beauty and the Beast. I didn't eat but the coffee was incredible and the soft boiled eggs from people next to me looked beautifully cooked. And I have very high standards for my soft boiled eggs. I'll list my tips for making the perfect eggs soon.
- •Rachel's, 25 Rue du Pont aux ChouxSometimes you just want a burger or a place to write where the staff won't kick you out for about 6 hours. Head to Rachel's in Marais. I had a pastrami sandwich and a cheesecake that still makes my mouth water.
- •Au Ciel, 97 rue de CharonneI'm Indian with Singaporean parents. If I don't eat Asian food every two days, I basically shrivel up and die. It's science. Anyway, my friend and I headed to Au Ciel where we had really cheap all you can eat Chinese hot pot. It was so cost effective and delicious. Perfect for a mid week meal.
- •Berthillion, 21 Rue de Saint Louis en IlleMy Airbnb was on this road on this quiet island. I went to this ice cream place every day. Je ne regrette rein.
- •Fifth floor restaurant, Musee d'OrsayI didn't try the food but check out the decor! You can check out some Monet and drop some Money on some food/atmosphere