The Definitive Guide to the Best Christmas Movies
If aliens invaded and were like 'explain Christmas' to me, and you were all 'k, kinda busy and hungover so I'll just put on a VHS like a teacher and nap', which movies would you pick? (sorry, this is super secular - maybe someone could suggest some awesome movies about the origin of Christmas. Not Nativity starring the Whale Rider. Snore.)
- •ElfIt's actually perfect. There is everything you need to believe that Christmas won't suck this year.
- •GremlinsThe darkest Christmas story ever.
- •Love ActuallyI hate Uncle Jamie!
- •Home AloneSorry but no kid is that cool at that age.
- •GhostbustersBill Murray is a goddamn treasure. Whilst you can watch this at any time of the year, it just vibes more here.
- •Cool RunningsFeel the rhythm, feel the rhyme. This is tangentially a Christmas movie.
- •Uncle BuckThe most perfect 2 mins of cinema is the scene of Uncle Buck answering Macaulay Culkin's questions. Also, Macaulay is a terrible first name, non?
- •Ferris Bueller's Day OffIt's always on TV at Christmas even if it's not a Christmas movie.
- •Harry Potter 3-7Don't bother with 1 and 2 but 3 onwards just feels like a Christmas excess session. When else would you have time to binge watch 3 hour long movies about teen wizards? They celebrate Christmas is every one, even in 7a and things are sad.
- •While You Were SleepingCompletely underrated Sandra Bullock movie.
- •Big?Suggested by @AshBrar