Ten Reasons I Postponed Buying a Kindle. (but Ended Up Buying One Anyway)
I ordered a Kindle Paperwhite tonight. I'm not sure I'll like it, or use it. But, I also don't want to negate the potential it holds. I'm sure I'll still buy physical books, but I'm curious if my reading habits change.
- •Physical books feel great when holding them.
- •You can't decorate your house with eBooks.
- •I actually enjoy using book lights.
- •When I travel, I have to think about which books I want to take with me.
- •I feel like I would be cheating on Barnes & Noble.
- •The smell of books, especially used books.
- •The magic of going into a bookstore & discovering a new book or author.
- •Book sharing.
- •Just gazing at my bookshelves & getting lost in memories of each book I see.
- •Books are a traditional, low-tech delight in an age of emerging hi-tech everything.