Ten Reasons I Postponed Buying a Kindle. (but Ended Up Buying One Anyway)
I ordered a Kindle Paperwhite tonight. I'm not sure I'll like it, or use it. But, I also don't want to negate the potential it holds. I'm sure I'll still buy physical books, but I'm curious if my reading habits change.
- 1.Physical books feel great when holding them.
- 2.You can't decorate your house with eBooks.
- 3.I actually enjoy using book lights.
- 4.When I travel, I have to think about which books I want to take with me.
- 5.I feel like I would be cheating on Barnes & Noble.
- 6.The smell of books, especially used books.
- 7.The magic of going into a bookstore & discovering a new book or author.
- 8.Book sharing.
- 9.Just gazing at my bookshelves & getting lost in memories of each book I see.
- 10.Books are a traditional, low-tech delight in an age of emerging hi-tech everything.