10 Monochromatic and Minimalist Kicks We Love
The tide of fashion ebbs and flows season to season, but black + white remain the Rock of Gibraltar of style. Here are 10 of our current favorites, ranging from simple sneaker, to slip-ons, to more futuristic interpretations. Read more: http://design-milk.com/10-favorite-monochromatic-minimalist-sneakers/
- •Publish Brand x Clae Bradley MidSoCal’s Publish Brand and Clae paired up to release these suede covered “Night Moves” colorway Bradley Mid sneakers.
- •NikeLab Benassi Lux BootA sneaker interpretation of the moon boot? Real life-sized action figure feet? Modern ninja kicks? You decide, but we think these women’s boots embody everything we expect from NikeLab’s experimental catalog.
- •Givenchy Elasticated-Strap Leather Slip-On SneakersSupposedly these were inspired by skateboarding shoes, so we’re going to assume Givenchy’s designers are fans of Vans.
- •Converse All Star ModernPerhaps the most iconic sneaker of all-time, Converse turned to Nike to help update the profile of these once-cutting edge basketball shoes with the aid of Hiroshi Fujiwara, Tinker Hatfield, and Mark Parker, aka HTM.
- •adidas Originals “Polygon” PackThese just toe the line and keep within our definition of minimalist, especially in all-white low top silhouette where they take on a Buckminster Fuller geodesic vibe.
- •Stone Island S0222 Slip-on BootsThere’s something S&M-ish meets equestrian rider Euro-chic about these slip-on boots. That’s not a criticism, just an observation for anyone looking for footwear that fits the bill.
- •Visvim Skagway Slip-on CordsTechnically corduroy isn’t usually considered a minimalist option, but here in dark grey cord matched with black suede the sum operates as casually simple.
- •Acne Studios Adriana Grain SneakersMinimalist sneakers with a sly sense of humor. The detachable metallic square at the vamp is detailed with an emoticon graphic that hints its wearer is well aware of their RBF.
- •THEY Two-tone LowThese minimalist Japanese sneakers were inspired by the Bauhaus, particlarly fond of these black and white colorways that look like a street painting project gone wonderfully awry.
- •Buddy German Shepherd Slip-on Low Smooth PunchingThe sleek silhouette’s front panel perforation gives these slip-ons from Japanese cult brand, Buddy, a distinguishing personality that stands out from the multitude of similarly styled laceless models out there today.