A Weapons Factory Becomes a Home in Budapest
Could you imagine turning an old weapons factory from 1913 into a place you'd want to live? Husband-and-wife Attila F. Kovács and Zsuzsa Megyesi, of A+Z Design Studio, did just that. Read the entire post and see all the images here: http://design-milk.com/weapons-factory-becomes-home-budapest/
- •The public space, with the living and dining area and open kitchen, is on the 3rd floor.
- •A view of the old power station building and tower.
- •After restoring the building, they filled it with vintage pieces from the 50s and 60s, their own designs, and some modern wares.
- •Custom stainless steel kitchen
- •The bedroom was designed to feel like a mid-century boudoir with bold colors and accents.
- •On the top floor, they created a pool out of a concrete fire water tank they found in the space when they bought it.
- •A walk-out terrace with views of the industrial neighborhood that surrounds them.
- •The restored building