Cool Things We Saw at NeoCon
The world of commercial interiors has taken a drastic turn in recent years and it’s definitely for the better. Long gone are the days of sterile beige cubicles that make employees want to scream. See it all here: http://design-milk.com/best-neocon-2016/
- •Pixel fabric from DesigntexPixel is a digitally printed textile from Designtex that’s based on the original artwork of Jenny McGee Dougherty. The finished textile is composed of thread that’s made of recycled materials.
- •Moonscapes by 13&9 Design for Mohawk GroupThe modular rugs are inspired by patterns of the moon’s surface that are then abstracted. The moon-like images are layered with a textured grid that results in a visually dynamic landscape to walk on.
- •Customizer web app for Coalesse's LessThanFive chairCoalesse has launched a Customizer web app that lets users apply custom colors, graphics, gradients, or logos to completely personalize their own chair.
- •Plaid woven flooring from ChilewichChilewich reimagined a traditional plaid pattern and modernized it with 14 different colors to get this bold and bright woven textile flooring.
- •Flap acoustic panels by SnowsoundThe Snowsound Flap acoustic panels let you create geometric collages on the wall or ceiling to help cut down on sound.
- •Zones by TeknionTeknion debuted Zones, a collection of furniture that was designed to change the way people work by allowing for privacy or more intimate spaces for collaborative work.
- •Parentesit by Lievore Altherr Molina for ArperA collection of acoustic wall panels that have an integrated light and sound system outfitted with speakers. There’s an accompanying app that lets you adjust the light and sound via your smartphone.
- •Beam Adjustable Height Benching System from West Elm WorkspaceInstead of just the typical white desk options, their new Beam Adjustable Height Benching System adds the warmth of wood along with the versatility of being height-adjustable.
- •BuzziFalls Pebbles by Sas Adriaenssens for BuzziSpacePart room dividers, part sound absorbers that add a pretty cool focal point to any space they’d hang in.
- •BuzziJungle by Jonas Van Put for BuzziSpaceA new concept that gives employees a non-traditional way to interact and be social. The structure invites you to climb, sit, lounge, and meet up with others in a unique setting.
- •Conexus Wood Lounge Chair by Michael Vanderbyl for HBFThe perfect combination of a task and a lounge chair, with its on-point seat pitch being conducive to both work and lounge positions.
- •Working lounge chair by Niels Diffrient and HumanscaleHumanscale unveiled this lounge chair for working that was designed by the late Niels Diffrient, who believed that humans are more productive and work better in a reclined position.
- •k.™ lounge by Gensler for KnollA modular seating series that’s composed of 11 elements that can be used in customizable ways.
- •Bivi from TurnstoneA series of components that fit together to form work and collaborative spaces, including mini sofa seats, desks, and storage pieces.
- •EnergyPod by MetroNapsThe chair lets you set the amount of time you want to sleep, and during your nap, it plays relaxing ambient sounds. Then it gently wakes you up at the appropriate time using a combination of lights and vibrations.