Things I Feel Comfortable Saying I Know A Lot About
Brought to you by my historical renovation project that is now on the market in Land Park, Sacramento CA.
- •Paint colorsI have been around and around backwards and forwards in paint stores. If you don't know where to start and you aren't good with decorating or design, paint your whole house in Popular Gray by Sherwin Williams. You're welcome.
- •LightingAgain. I feel like I have literally seen and bought every single light fixture on planet earth. I love this task! It pays to go with some consistency in choice. Pick similar materials inside the entire home and it really pulls your house together. You don't have to spend a lot. Amazon has plenty of knock offs from some of the biggest designers out there.
- •FixturesPick a material (I'm very married to polished nickel) and then go for it! All handles, faucets, pulls, (lighting?), toilet paper rolls and beyond should be the same. It is stunning. Makes you look like you know what you're doing even when you don't. Skip brushed nickel and chrome at all costs. Matte black and polished nickel are the way to go.
- •Real EstateIt's a gamble.... sort of. There are some houses in certain neighborhoods that you just know are going to be a great investment. This house was insanely underpriced and it was also a total heap. There may or may not have been heroine users squatting in the pool house. 🤷🏻♀️ I could go on forever about houses, neighborhoods, design, decor. I love it therefore I know A LOT about it.
- •So there ya go. Here's a bonus picture of the sitting room because it's pretty.