Ways I'm Putting Myself Out There
I have anxiety. I'm socially awkward at times. I'm a highly sensitive person. I'm an introvert. Lots of labels. Sometimes I try to break out and work against this stuff.
- •I went out to breakfast by myself this morning.It got me thinking. Maybe I'd like to join other people for breakfast to have an adult conversation once in awhile.
- •So I started a FB group and invited all the moms I know in town. I know 26 which surprised me actually.
- •Trying not to check it too much or place value in the response. But it's hard! I tried this once before. I invited 12 or so women over for wine and cheese one night. 3 really random people showed up and one used it as an opportunity to sell us multi level marketing face lotion. It wasn't a total loss - we drank a lot of wine and laughed a lot.
- •I just crave having a good friend group. But I've been burned a lot in friendships so I am super hesitant to get too close to people. The friends that survive are somewhat pushy or a little impervious.
- •My sense of humor is different. I'm sarcastic, but not mean. I'm clever. People don't always get me. If they do, it's later, in the shower. I don't like to gossip. I don't obsess about food or working out. I'm a pretty liberal Christian and open minded. I'm easy going, but sensitive. I'm a little closed up and hard to read at times.
- •My mix doesn't make friends easily. Or I attract really disturbed people in need of a good friend during the worst time of their life. Which works great for them, but sucks me dry emotionally.
- •I'm probably just going about it the wrong way. But I'm proud of myself for trying.