Famous Deaths I Was Obsessed With as a Kid
I had no life when I was a kid, some things never change!
- •Gig YoungI had long been obsessed with suicide, so murder/suicide definitely upped the wtf factor. They Shoot Horses, Don't They? Was my childhood catchphrase
- •Karen CarpenterI could not grasp Anorexia as a child. The KC obsession continued as an adult. I have seen both biopics. obviously the Todd Haynes version is tops, but the Cynthia Gibb one is TV movie heaven
- •Jayne MansfieldIt had me at decapitation
- •Anissa JonesFamily Affair was a fave. I wanted to be Buffy. I couldn't believe someone that adorable could OD
- •Diane LinkletterLike the Helen Hunt angel dust after school special in real life, even though it turned out to not be true.
- •Jack CassidyBurned alive. Oy. Luckily my fucked up childhood gave me the insight to say to myself "at least he was probably black out drunk when it happened"
- •Vic MorrowAgain decapitation, but via helicopter blade.
- •Lupe VelezI prefer the Kenneth Anger version, an attempt to have a romantic suicide that went horribly wrong, when she woke up from her pill OD went to vomit and drowned in the toilet. As Nancy Grace would say #ToiletBaby (call back to earlier list)