My Favorite Books as a Kid
This probably explains everything about me
- •Jackie Oh!My nana had it. I read a few other Kitty Kelly bios the Nancy Reagan one is the best. It's my go to beach read recommendation. I often tell people Nancy Reagan was the Blow Job Queen of Hollywood. Yes, I'm used to blank stares
- •Helter SkelterI saw the TV movie one Saturday afternoon on TV and had to read the book. I wanted to marry Bugliosi.
- •SybilAnother TV movie I was obsessed with, those amateur gynecology scenes made my own shitty childhood seem almost Pollyanna-ish. Highly recommend Sybil Exposed as well.
- •Go Ask AliceAnti drug propaganda at its finest, but as a kid I thought it was powerful.
- •Valley of the DollsMost little girls want to be a princess when they grow up, I wanted to be a pill popper
- •GnomesThis book had a pic of gnome tits in it. It was my bible. When my nana died it was one if the only things I asked for. No one fought me for it.
- •Hollywood BabylonI was the rare child with a comprehensive knowledge of the Fatty Arbuckle scandal. This book had me at 'graphic images'
- •Flowers in the AtticI was obsessed with incest as a kid. In other news, please look for my memoir in the near future