Our First House Guest in Topanga
Apparently I'm renting Slytherin West.
- •I tend to leave the doors open during the day when I'm home, to get a good breeze and let the day's heat into the house.
- •6PM rolls around today, getting a little chilly. Time to close up.
- •I go downstairs, and out of the corner of my eye I see something in the doorway of the guest bedroom.
- •Could it be? Nah, how could it get all the way in here. He's like 4 rooms from the nearest outside door.
- •Yep, that's a four foot long snake. Straight chillin'.
- •How the fuck am I going to get him out of here? I don't want to kill him. I'd be sad, and there would certainly be blood.
- •I call @fats and curtly ask for my momma. This is not his domain. He's more of an "I need a great pun, it's an emergency." guy.
- •We discuss, and agree the use a broom to shepherd him into a paper shopping bag, which I can then take outside.
- •He wants to leave too, so he coils up as to be more efficiently swept. So considerate.
- •He is back outside where he belongs now. I hope I didn't traumatize him too much.
- •Thanks to Ralph's for their help in resolving this matter.