The Story of My Profile Picture
Req by @mkz. GORE ALERT: If blood/serious wounds make you queasy, don't expand the photos.
- •A couple years back, I was riding my bike in Brooklyn and got hit by a van that made last minute left turn without signaling.
- •When I slammed into the van, I was going about 30mph. My head smashed through the side window. Broke my collarbone too.
- •It was pretty raw. @Grosstastic took photos pre-surgery for legal purposes. GORE ALERT.
- •Then she got all artsy with it, like she do.
- •Then she turned me into a meme.
- •Then the hospital gave me OxyContin.
- •It was DELIGHTFUL. For a week, I was either happily stoned floating on rainbows or sleeping like a newborn.
- •During said week, I decided to steal one of Halley's dad's bandanas and be a bandito. At this point, the right side of my face was so fucked up, it just looked right.
- •I'm still not totally sure why, but I love this photo and use it for all things social media, LinkedIn included.
- •The end!