Things I Can't Miss in Hood River, Or
@Grosstastic and I leave Sunday. First 2 days of the trip are in Hood River. Lay your knowledge on me! Food, drink, hike, anything.
- •Double Mountain BreweryTasty beers. Lots of them.
- •The Timberline Lodge!This is the hotel where The Shining was filmed--the exterior anyway. Inside is totally different though. Stay there for a night and have cocoa by the fire and old school drinks in the bar area. Totally. lodge-y and fun.Suggested by @dltompkins1
- •Solstice: http://www.solsticewoodfirecafe.com/ Logsdon: http://www.farmhousebeer.com/ Eagle Creek: http://www.outdoorproject.com/adventures/oregon/hikes/eagle-creek-hikeSuggested by @elooto
- •Pfriem BrewerySuggested by @sloan
- •Ponytail FallsAll of the waterfalls in the Gorge are spectacular this time of year, especially with another Pineapple Express dump on the way. Horsetail and Ponytail are my favorites, easily accessible and you can walk behind the latter.Suggested by @sloan
- •GET TURNT ON SCORPION BOWLS & DANCE AT JACK'SSuggested by @danrobert
- •HAVE THE BEST BREAKFAST SANDWICH IN THE WORLD @ RIVER DAZE CAFESuggested by @danrobert
- •For your return to PDX go across Hood River bridge to Washington for more extraordinary Gorge views. Stop at Skamania Lodge for lunch or spa treatment. Or the funky Carson Hot Springs for mineral bath, wrap, massage. Book in advance! Take easy hike/walk up Beacon Rock for more great Gorge views. Don't forget to pay for parking!Suggested by @TheDeena
- •Pretty sure my husband would tell you to go mountain biking, but considering the weather, I'd be hanging out at pFriem and eating their deviled eggs.Suggested by @tristen
- •Marchesi VineyardsSuggested by @tristen
- •Viewpoint on Cook-Underwood RdSo this is technically in Washington, but the view is incredible. One of those "I am so grateful to live on this earth" moments. Just cross the river ($1 toll), turn left and then right and drive up up up.Suggested by @CarolynH
- •Cardamom latte at Dog River Coffee CoThey also offer legit regular coffee, if that's more your thing.Suggested by @CarolynH