Things I Love About India
Spent around 3 months there through 2012-2013. Mainly in a city called Pune, not too far from Mumbai.
- •The colors.Vibrant colors are everywhere, so much more than in the west.
- •The "holy shit I'm about to die. I suppose I had a good life." nature of the motor traffic.It's down right terrifying, especially on the highways, but ultimately an effective way to become comfortable with situations beyond your control.
- •Auto rickshaws.Dirt cheap and fun way to get around. Some day if will figure out how to import one and drive it around Sanibel/Captiva myself just for kicks.
- •The wedding processions.They take over the whole street with cars, elephants, trucks, whatever. All adorned to the hilt, mind you. Huge speakers, music blaring, everyone partying their balls off down a crowded road in the middle of the day.
- •HoliIt's a festival every spring where everyone, and I mean everyone from grandmas to the infants, runs around town with dry colored powder and colored water and throws it at each other.
- •As a westerner, it's pretty much Mars the first time you go.
- •The status cows have.Yes, everyone knows cows are holy in India, buts in another thing to see them in a crowded intersection at night and everyone's just rolling with it.