True New Yorkers
Some distinguishing characteristics of many of the born and bred, in my humble opinion.
- •Love the city in the complicated, eternal way you love your family members, not the lovestruck way people love Paris.
- •Take good pizza seriously.
- •Take a good bagel and its accoutrements seriously.
- •Are terrified by the inherent peril of driving and never acquire a relaxed comfort for it.
- •Feel sad about its evolution of late but understand that it doesn't belong to us, or anyone for that matter, and is an untamable force of forward motion. Our lease is up.
- •Ultimately leave New York.