NYC PEDESTRIAN ETIQUETTE
A boy can dream...
- •No zigzagging or inconsistent pacing
- •Keep to the right, and keep your kid/dog on your side too (goes for escalators as well)
- •WALK FASTER
- •Doorways and stairways, not a place for congregating
- •Let people OUT of the subways/elevators first
- •Your stroller is not a battering ram...
- •Queue like an Englishman (far fetched I know)
- •Just don't walk with a map, or be caught with one for that matter
- •If you need to stop, be flush with the buildings
- •In a group? Walk in twos side by side. "One's company, two's a crowd, three's a party"
- •Jaywalking. Not just efficient, but expected
- •Beware of bikers
- •Don't be fat
- •When in doubt, moonwalk. No one will question your antics.