AN ENVISION OF MY DREAM LIFE THAT I HOPE TO FULFILL WITHIN 15 YEARS OR LESS
Not an expectation but a gentle dream.
- •Study Abroad in England at Bournemouth University for a semester
- •Graduate from college with a masters in filmmaking
- •Move out to where ever I need to in order to find a starter job in the film industry
- •Spend a few years learning the ropes and become absolutely obsessed with what I do to be able to be one of the most skilled editorsAnother dream job would be a Film Location Scout. I love traveling but I feel that flying every other day and never being home gets quite taxing.
- •Now this is where the struggle begins...
- •Get married
- •Have kids
- •And live in a small town in Southwest Montana outside Yellowstone National ParkHard to have both: a job within film and live in Montana...it doesn't work well together unfortunately.
- •Buy an airstream to accompany our home
- •Road trip with the family across the country and backOf course to see all the National Parks and little hidden gems of history
- •Show the kids the world and have them learn by seeing and experiencing
- •Have them homeschooled if they wantNo offense to all the teacher's out there but I do not feel strongly about the education system. I don't want them to feel defeated by a test number that they spent days trying to memorize terms to. I don't want them sitting inside for hours doing homework after spending 7 hours inside "learning". I want them out in the world. I want them to learn by seeing and experiencing moments. I want them to have character and enjoy life as it happens, not worrying all the time.
- •Take up a career in writing and publish a bookMaybe when I am not as shy about people reading my writing.
- •And eventually, when I am retired from film, open up my own coffee shop and bakery