Things strangers say about my 8 month old son
I'm sure people are just trying to be nice, wanting to start a conversation - but sometimes they cross the line.
- •His cheeks!He does have some chunky cheeks.
- •He's huge!He is tall and his weight is in the 90th %ile. He's proportional.
- •He's serious.No. He just doesn't like you. Actually, he is not a smiley kid. He only smiles if he's comfortable with you and having a good time. When he finally smiles, it's wonderful and lights up the room.
- •He's a mama's boy.The downside of being a stay at home mom. He's with only me 95% of the time and is not comfortable with strangers.
- •He's spoiled.You can't spoil a baby. Next.
- •Can I feed him this?Usually it's something sugary sweet. So no! Yeah he'll like it, but he doesn't need to know that yet.
- •He doesn't have teeth yet??No. Things happen in a time range. And thank goodness there's no teeth since he's still nursing.
- •He still nurses every 2 hours???Yes he does. Read above. He's huge!
- •How long do you plan on nursing him?Personal! And you may not like the answer since it seems you are the type that thinks there should be a cutoff date. American Pediatrics recommends to breastfeed until 1 year, and World Health Organization recommends until 2 years old. So I'm not even worried about weaning right now.
- •Can I have him?This cuddly kid is alllllll mine! 💝