KEY TO GETTING THROUGH AN MRI
My greatest fear is being buried alive. Some MRIs feel like being in a confined coffin ⚰ for an hour while skull-shattering sounds assault you aurally.👂🏼Not exactly fun. Here are some tips to surviving ...
- •Take anti-anxiety medication prior to leaving your house 💊
- •Take Uber or Lyft there because you don't need the added headache & hassle of driving and parking. MRIs suck enough on their own 🚕
- •Close you eyes before they wheel you into the coffin. *Before* 🙈
- •Keep your eyes closed 😎As much as you can, for as long as you can. Open them & you're likely to get freaked out about being in such a small space
- •Have fun with the noises
- •MMmmmmmummmmummmmuImagine being a baby and learning to say mom; imagine your favorite little kid calling for mum
- •UtzzzzzzzzzzzzImagine it's the national emergency broadcast. Keeping things safe
- •Knock-knock-knockYou're in a cabinet in in the woods. It's just a woodpecker waking you
- •Gah a-ding-Krat 👾You're playing space invaders and winning
- •Ray-a-tat-tat! Ping! Ping! Ping! 🔫Yes, it's war. That's gunfire. But you're in a foxhole. A bulletproof bunker. You're safe. Let the bullets fly
- •When all else fails, remember there a reasonYour doctor order this imaging in order to take a look at what's going on in order to figure out how to help your body. This is a temporary discomfort to get you to a better place physically. Aren't you lucky that you live in a time with such technology?