PICS OF MY FRIEND BILL
Bill Brazell is one of the finest humans I have had the pleasure to know. He should be on TheList. Am posting pics from 1998-99 (actual hard copies--remember those?) I found in a shoebox. Disclosure: this is a shameless bid to lure him here so I'll have a friend.
- •Bill likes to eat. Here he is eating
- •Once upon a time, Bill and I worked together at a magazine. Our desks were next to each other
- •We worked long hours. Maybe that's why our eyes are shut here
- •Bill's shelf didn't have as many books as mine did. Here I am letting him sit at my desk so he feels smarter
- •So many pictures of us at our desks. No idea why except maybe there was a camera on the desk across from ours (this is pre-smartphones, kids!). Plus, we were Always. Working. At. Our. Desks
- •My whip whipped writers and editors into shape. I thought it made people take me seriously. Bill found this amusing apparently. Fun fact: Bill is 6'6" but leaning down here!
- •Our now-defunct magazine had a launch party at the now-defunct Bubble Lounge. We're celebrating with champagne and Stacey Foreman
- •... and Jake Ward, whom Bill is looking at suspiciously, no idea why
- •... and our coworker Mickey Butts and my neighbor Owen Thomas (who was at Suck.com at the time?)
- •We work together again, but he is in NYC so I don't see him enough. But we still have fun. Bill is knowledgeable, thoughtful, funny, and generous. My ploy worked! Welcome, @BillBrazell!