Top 10 things I hate about living in Gaborone, Botswana (2014-Present)
As I write this I have been living in Gaborone for 2 years and 2 months. I have 10 more months left on my sentence ....err...uh... assigment.
- •10 - No rainSomeday the underground water is going to dry up and this country will need to be abandoned.
- •9 - Dangerous drivingUsually in developing countries the issue is people driving to fast. Here the issue is people creating hazards by driving too slow.
- •8 - Nothing to do after work and on weekends
- •7 - Bad customer serviceMy favorite example is the "basket of annoyances". You go to a restaurant, order food, and the waiter immediately brings over a basket full of condiments. Then, in the hour it takes to get your food, a steady stream of wait staff will come by your table and interrupt your conversation to ask if they can take one of the condiments in your basket.
- •6 - A severe lack of good Mexican food.
- •5 - Payday FridaysThe last Friday of the month when most people get paid, go out and get hammered, and kill a pedestrian while driving home.
- •4 - SteersThis is the only fast food burger place in town and it always takes more than half an hour to get your food. NOTE: not all Steers restaurants are this way, just the one in Gaborone.
- •3 - Crappy health careDon't ever get sick. If you are ever in a serious accident say your goodbyes, make peace with your maker, and prepare to die
- •2 - Botswana Telecommunications Corp. (BTC).The State owned Telephone utility makes my work life miserable. I HATE this company. These people couldn't be more incompetent.
- •1 - The Internet sucksSeriously sucks