Reactions to My Alternative Lifestyle
Last year I started dating @alexpitz. She is the literal best. Neither of us had ever dated a lady before, and this is how some people I know reacted when I told them of my newfound joy.
- •"I don't know what to say."- my mom, when i called to tell her (while driving an Oscar-winner's precious old dog from Maine to NYC)
- •"Nothing you do could ever make me love you less."- my mom, working things out aloud maybe
- •"Okay I have to go!"- my mom, spazzin
- •"This is your choice and obviously I don't understand it but I love you more every day."- my mom, when she called back five minutes after having to go, trying to be cool
- •"Thank god!! I thought you were gonna say she was pregnant!"- my dad, to my mom
- •"Thanks for keeping me in the loop!"- my sister, via text, verbatim
- •"Uh yeah we thought you already were."- like half my friends
- •"What?? Woah. Amazing! Congrats!"- other friends
- •"WHAT? NUH-UH. SERIOUSLY? Wait, seriously? ARE YOU FUCKING WITH ME?"- our friend Katie, who made a joke about us being lezzos, which I responded to with "actually, we've been meaning to tell you..."
- •"You just wanted to know what it would be like to have sex with yourself."- my boss (@alexpitz and i have similar hair and fashions and glasses)