5 Things I've Learned Since College Graduation
I went to a graduation ceremony this weekend, and it has been exactly 5 years since mine happened (really?!), so I figured I'd share.
- •You really aren't done learning.And once you do, you might as well be dead.
- •There is no shame in not taking a job in your field.This one I've struggled with. Going into debt for a piece a paper I really won't be using. But getting a degree is an accomplishment.
- •Express gratitude for the people who helped you get where you are.There have been millions of times where I have doubted my path, and I'm sure there will be millions more times. There are people whom I know will never steer me wrong.
- •There will be times where education just isn't enough.I thought I deserved better than what I have because of my degree (working in a job where I'm overqualified). I believe that if patience is practiced, everyone will get where they need to be.
- •Success doesn't happen overnight.It happens with many small victories.