Somethings You Should Know About People in Long-distance Relationships
As a person who has been with her SO for 6 years, and have been long-distance for half of that time, I can provide insight. And I'm in a mood where I'm especially missing him, so here goes....
- •Some days are a lot easier to keep oneself together than others.
- •Distractions are key.
- •It's very easy to predict when your best days are going to be.
- •Sometimes you wish for an alternate reality where you can be with your SO.
- •Getting to where you want to be isn't as easy as it seems.
- •No one can really know what it's like unless they've been through it themselves, which can make the whole experience very lonely.
- •Sometimes I feel disconnected from him, and I'm sure he feels the same way about me.
- •It isn't for the faint of heart. And it requires a whole lot of trust.
- •You learn what day it is by countdowns.
- •It's very hard when the next time you see one another isn't planned ahead of time.
- •Sometimes, one's family and friends downplay the significance of the relationship just because the person isn't physically there, and it is as annoying as it sounds.
- •We have a different type of normal.
- •To me, he comes first more than anything else.