Already on li.st? Open in app.
- •Buying Tibetan prayer flags
- •Editing some photos I took last night
- •Getting grocery shopping done
- 1.Pick an objectiveCourage is nothing without cause. "Courage without wisdom is foolishness." True courage comes from a desire to achieve something.
- 2.Admit that you're scaredBeing brave doesn't necessarily mean doing things that other people find scary with no regard to consequence, though that does count often. True courage is action in spite of fear.
- 3.Stop thinking and actTrust yourself. When the time comes, you'll do what's necessary. And do it before your mind comes in, because it will make you approach with less than 100%.
- 4.CommitIf you've completed step 3, then dive in all the way. No use doing things halfway.
- 1.Hang 10 TacosHaven't seen these guys for a while. This upsets me. Love their fish burritos.
- 2.Green TruckThe Paleo Bowl is the dopest.
- 3.KomodoBig fan of the Asian Marinated Chicken or the Fish and Grapes burrito.
- •"Heavier Things" - John MayerThis album spoke to me as an insecure high school kid who worried about everything, and it was comforting to know someone else found a way to put those concerns into words. Musically, every song led perfectly into the next one. It followed a very nice tempo transition the entire way through, and even thematically every song made perfect sense next to each other. Also, this one is fun to belt in the car.
- •"Takk" - Sigur RosI don't speak the language, but putting this one on in the car driving through open spaces helps you appreciate your size and place in the world.
- •"Every Open Eye" - CHVRCHESThe most recent item on this list, this song makes me feel like I'm in love. Lauren Mayberry's voice captures everything I feel when I'm in love with someone; it's happy, sad, desperate, lonely, hopeful, fragile, reaching all at the same time. When she pushes her voice during "Leave a Trace," I get shivers.
- •"Appetite for Destruction" - Guns N RosesThis was my introduction to classic rock, and the beginning of me paying attention to music. This was the point where I stopped listening to single tracks and listened to albums all the way through.
Movies that make this list have to make an impact on me, and are often self-reflexive of a part of me.
- •Lost in TranslationThis is the story of two people who share the same soul, and after what is basically a casual encounter, they see each other for who they are, and thus begins an incredibly difficult aspect of interpersonal relationships: true emotional companionship.
- •Super 8This is a celebration of both summer movie history and youth. Yes, it is an homage, and a recreation of a lot of different movies, but it honors them all in a very respectful way while adding its own voice.
- •The Secret Life of Walter Mitty (2013)This is the story of someone finding the courage to become the person they were meant to be. It doesn't get much more personal than that. Also it was shot in one of the most beautiful places, and I want to go there very much.