Already on li.st? Open in app.
Did you hear that about mega-church pastor Perry Noble was fired due to alcoholism and other unnamed things? He is supposedly "disqualified" for ministry. Fortunately, Jesus Christ restores the "disqualified" in three ways as seen in the Bible in John chapter 21. These principles apply to mega-church pastors and to regular people like you and me.
- •The BackstoryPeter, one of Jesus' disciples, had messed up big time. He publicly turned his back on Jesus to his face and to other people. In the midst of all the commotion, he assaulted law enforcement by cutting off a guard's ear. Think about it. Peter, one of the first mega-church pastors, completely lost it. He publicly denounced God and committed assault. Talk about being disqualified. So what did Jesus do?
- •Step 1 - Abundant BlessingJesus gave Peter an abundant blessing. Shortly after the crazy events of Peter's epic fail, he went out fishing but did not have any success. Peter must have been devastated about his recent actions. A man (Jesus) called out from the shore to tell them to cast the net on the other side. They caught so much fish they couldn't haul it in. Jesus gave Peter an abundant blessing as a declarative statement about his love for him. God does good things to lead people to repentance (a changed mind).
- •Step 2 - Restored FellowshipPeter then realized the man on the shore was Jesus. He must have been overrun with deep emotion because he totally jumped in the water and started swimming to meet Jesus. Was there a reprimand waiting for Peter? Was there an accountability program waiting for Peter? No. Jesus was cooking breakfast over a charcoal fire. They sat down and ate. A hot meal around the fire signifies the restoration of the fellowship.
The faith of Abraham is an amazing example for us today. Romans chapter four in the Bible talks about Abraham's faith in three ways that will help us to believe in the impossible!
- 1.Abraham believed in the God who brings dead things back to life. (Romans 4:17)Do you have a dead career? A dying marriage? A dead dream? These are heartbreaking things to go through. But God has the power to bring dead things back to life! He can. He will. You will be stunned to see this life-giving power in your life.
- 2.Abraham believed in the God who created NEW things out of nothing. (Romans 4:17)Some of us wish we had a dead career or a dead dream! What I mean by that is some of us feel like we have NO career or empty dreams. We have nothing. Maybe we have no relationships. We are lonely. The good news is that God creates new things out of nothing. Ask God to do new things in your life and believe that He will.
- 3.Abraham kept believing even when there was no reason to hope. (Romans 4:18)We look at our lives and we come to the conclusion that there is no reason to hope. In the natural, we may be right. But in the supernatural, nothing is impossible. No matter how difficult or dark our lives have become, we never waver! We are fully convinced that God can do the impossible in our lives despite our circumstances or how we feel!
What's your favorite movies?
Embarrassing admission: When I was a kid, I cried really hard when Rocky lost to Apollo Creed. First time a movie hit the feelers for me.
- •It's one of the best Rocky movies.Although technically not a Rocky movie, Creed exists in the Rocky universe. If you loved the Rocky movies, then you'll love Creed.
- •Workout montage.Eye of the Tiger, anyone? You know you get excited when you hear that music. We love boxing workouts montage with pumping music. If you miss that from Rocky, Creed has plenty for you. It makes you want to tackle your personal challenges head on!
- •The struggle is real.The movie doesn't sugar-coat life. Life is tough and it will bring you to your knees. Each character had struggles we all can relate to. But a wise man once said, it's not about how hard you can hit. It's about how hard you can get hit and keep moving forward.
Cuz' the desert island has a flatscreen, electricity, and a comfy couch.
- •Sherlock Holmes (BBC)Near perfect. Pure brilliance. Benedict Cumberbatch is the one and only Sherlock.
- •24One word: Jack Bauer
- •Arrested DevelopmentThis show makes me laugh the hardest out of any show I've experienced!
Wow! Tough Decisions. Subject to change.
- 1.World of WarcraftThere is a reason that World of Warcraft was also called WoW Crack. Epic stories, fascinating characters, and a huge world with hundreds of players makes WoW my number one pick. Unfortunately, I "retired" from WoW because it was like having a second job.
- 2.League of LegendsFun. Tactical. Teamwork. Stressful. Crazy characters. These are reasons why I love this MOBA. (massively online battleground arena)
- 3.Halo: Combat EvolvedAlthough outdated by today's standards, Halo: CE singlehandedly shook up console fps. Even years later, playing CFT on Blood Gulch is my favorite multiplayer experiences. And for some reason, we love the faceless hero, Master Chief. Anyone else freak out when you first encountered "The Flood"?
Life is about relationships. The rest is just details.
- •I think she's beautiful...and the internets goes, "Awwww!" ☺️
- •Hero shot of Luke on Neversink Mountain. 😎
- •Cuz she is just too cute. Nice job Jesse and Abbey. 😆
Sometimes I sleep in too late to execute the following, but on a perfect day...
- •Wake UpLoL
- •Listen to "Time" (Inception Soundtrack)Musical trigger to put my thoughts in a positive mindset.
It's looking to be a good day!
- •Eat at a breakfast buffet for staff Christmas party. Laugh with friends.
- •Participate in staff video for Christmas Eve services. Try to act cool.
- •P90x3 Complex Upper workout. Don't skip this.
I'm 37 and still love cartoons! These top three made the list because of their impact and influence.