Because growing Mormon kinda messed me up...
Hello... My name is Desiree and I am a recovering Mormon. However, it has left its marks. Some positive, some...
- •Apocalyptic things scare the crap out of me.While I personally don't believe that God will bring about the end of the world, it is in my blood. Everything is a sign of the end of days. Earthquakes, floods, fires, Donald Trump...the end is coming.
- •I hate tank tops and shorts/short skirts.You are taught to dress to be ready to go to the temple someday. To this day I feel uncomfortable with bare arms or legs.
- •I crave weird Jello-O concoctions that no one else will eat.Orange Jell-O with carrots and pineapple, raspberry Jell-O with cottage cheese, whip cream, and pineapple, lime Jell-O with pears.
- •I am always fighting the urge to hoard food!I was taught to have a two years supply! Always! God is watching!
- •I have explain that yes, my Great-Great-Great-Great-Grandfather had two wife's.Awkward family photo to a whole 'nother level! On the other hand I am an old school Mormon. My genealogy traces all the way back to Brigham Young.
- •When I am nervous I sing hymns.Jesus Wants Me for A Sunbeam, Count Your Blessings, Choose The Right.
- •When the missionaries are coming through my neighborhood, I kinda freak out! I will hide.I am afraid they will find me and make me feel guilty.
- •Every once in a while I let a Brother or a Sister slip out.Standard greeting!
- •But on the plus side...I am one the lucky ones that gets ALL THE JOKES in "The Book of Mormon" the musical!There are some great ones that you only really get if you were raised in the church!