THE BEST THINGS THE KIDS IN MY CLASS HAVE SAID
When you're a teaching assistant in a class of 8-10 year olds, you overhear some great things. Updated when I remember
- •"Can the hero of my story be Freddie Mercury?"An interesting retelling of the story of Beowulf
- •"I'm the champion at football""Yeah but you're not Messi, are you?"
- •"Don't help me please, I want to do it by myself"A 4 year old five weeks into their first year of school, struggling to read to an adult. I wish I had the confidence of this child.
- •"40?"I regret playing 'guess how old I am' with my class
- •"Do you know Jessica?""Jessica who?" "Jessica fletcher. From murder, she wrote." I was not expecting these sorts of tv references from a 9 year old
- •"Do you go to the pub?"What the kids think I do on my Tuesday afternoons off. I do, but not by myself at 2pm on a Tuesday. Their reasoning was that I was over 18 so I was allowed to.
- •"What do you look like without your glasses on?"Then, when I take my glasses off: "hmm... You look weird."
- •"I don't want to go to university...""...I want to get a part time job and not do any work and get lots of money"