MY POLISH EASTER BRUNCH
I come from a Polish, catholic family and have had this meal for almost every special occasion my entire life—give or take some golumpki and blitzes. The real Poles in the family are still back in the mid-west and too old to do such a big spread. But I like to keep the tradition going...
- •KapustaThat's sauerkraut for you regular peeps.
- •PierogiesPotato/cheese and sauerkraut today. No Mrs. T's here. Gimme some credit. I get these from a special Polish deli in Baltimore who gets them from church ladies.
- •MizeriaBasically just cucumber salad with sour cream and dill. The only light part of the meal. Except for all the sour cream...
- •Polish KielbasaBecause duh. The deli didn't have the fresh I liked, so I could only get the smoked.
- •HorseradishMostly for the sausage, but you can slather it on anything. It'll definitely put some hair on your chest.
- •Roasted Brussels sproutsThis isn't polish. I just like 'um.
- •Scrambled eggs with goat cheeseI don't think this is polish either, but you're missing out on one of the finer things in life if you haven't put goat cheese in your eggs.