Aim Away Message Lyrics I Definitely Had
I was the perfect age for the glory days of AIM (1997-2006). I was 15 in 1997, so the emotions were all over the place. Here are a few songs I most definitely had in my away messages through the years. Be sure to share yours! I might have to add to this list later, as I remember.
- •"Celebrate we will, cause life is short but sweet for certain"Dave Matthews Band lyrics were the most used away messages. I'd always attribute the quote to "djm" as in David John Matthews. Obsessed. I won't put all my dmb quotes though
- •"I want you to notice when I'm not around. You're so fucking special. I wish I was special. But I'm a creep. I'm a weirdo. What the hell am I doing here? I don't belong here"I'm not a big fan of radiohead, but this song is amazing. And it definitely helped me express my angst
- •"And this is our last time, We'll be friends again, I'll get over you, you'll wonder who I am, And there's this burning, Just like there's always been, I've never been so alone alone, And I've, and I've never been so alive"I probably italicized the last line of this 3eb song. I was very lonely in high school and most of college :-/
- •"You seem so out of context in this gaudy apartment complex. A stranger with your door key explaining that I'm just visiting. And I am finally seeing that I was the one worth leaving"Oh postal service. You got me through some dark times.
- •"And as I stared I counted the webs from all the spiders. Catching things and eating their insides. Like indecision to call you And hear your voice of treason. Will you come home And stop this pain tonight? Don't waste your time on me, you're already the voice inside my head …lI like believe the ellipsis that I added made the girl i was directing these blink 182 lyrics at acutely aware that it was about her. Probably not though
- •"You hardly even notice when I try to show you This song is meant to keep ya from doing what you're supposed to. Like waking up too early. Maybe we can sleep in. I'll make you banana pancakes. Pretend like it's the weekend now"Not all my lyrics were super depressing! Although this song made me sad bc I wanted someone to make banana pancakes with :-/
- •"But now we speak with ruined tongues And the words we say aren't meant for anyone. It's just a mumbled sentence to a passing acquaintance But there was once you, You said you hate my suffering and you understood, And you'd take care of me. You'd always be there, Well where are you now?"Oh my goodness. Just reading those last few lines makes my heart hurt. Thanks bright eyes, for putting what a broke heart feels like I to words!