I'm finally going to see Billy Joel tonight!
Being a Long Islander, going to a Billy Joel concert is a legal requirement :-)
- •This is Billy JoelFor those who don't know him, he sold 150 million albums l, releasing 12 albums between 1971 and 1993.
- •He is now, basically, artist in residence at Madison Square Garden, selling out tickets to 40 consecutive concerts since 2014.Not just selling out, but selling out within 2 minutes of going on sale each time.
- •I've been trying for years, every time tickets are announcedI get this same message every time.
- •Both my sisters, my brother, and my parents have all gone at separate times over the last three years.Always left out, I am.
- •But tonight, finally, I'll be heading to the worlds most famous arena to see an artist that I've been listening to since before I have memoriesHeading there after work with my buddy that works with me
- •I love concerts so much. I've been to so many in my life. But I still get super anxious. I should be so excited about tonight, but instead I feel sick about itI have my tickets. I have plenty of time to get there. I eliminated my anxiety about my claustrophobia by driving and taking the 59th St Bridge instead of the much easier Queens Midtown Tunnel or the railroad, which goes directly to Penn Station, which is directly under MSG. I prepaid for my parking. It should all go smoothly. WHY AM I ANXIOUS
- •I'm sure I'll be happy once it starts!:-)