Morning Musings About Baby Got Back
I was down today, so I had to shut off The Coffee House on XM. So I switched over to 90s on 9, to relive my junior high and high school days. Then this song came on
- •I know it's a popular song …
- •And I suppose you could say it's a body positive song …
- •"So Cosmo says you're fat/Well I ain't down with that"
- •But isn't it also a body shaming song, too?
- •"So I'm looking at Rock videos/Knock kneed bimbos walking like hoes"
- •"To the beanpole dames in the magazines/You ain't it, Miss Thing"
- •I mean, is there any reason to knock any body type?
- •I suppose he is just telling what he prefers.
- •But then, most importantly, who gives a fuck what Sir Mix-A-Lot thinks?
- •Who even knighted him?
- •I'd like to think that if princess Diana had stayed married to Charles and lived to see him take the throne, she would have made him rescind that knighthood
- •Has anyone even ever called 1-900-MIXALOT and actually got a "triple X throw down?
- •It would have been excellent if it was an girl who didn't have "a motor in the back of her Honda"
- •And she showed up and talked to him and made him see that everyone is perfect in their own way!