My Sad Song Cd Mix, Created July,2000
Apparently I decided to make a cd of songs that made me sad when I had just graduated high school. I found the list when I was looking at some old stuff. Let's see what got me down in what should have been the best years of my life
- •The Freshmen - The Verve PipeSeems like a great way to start off a sad song cd. It's also a good song to sing along to in your car when you're driving around trying to clear your head. You can scream parts and still feel vulnerable.
- •Everybody Hurts - R.E.M.Oh my god … I was like Dwight Schrute from The Fire when Michael was talking a bunch to Ryan. But it would make sense to or this on there. It's actually semi-uplifting. It's kinda saying we've all been there. It'll be okay
- •Brick - Ben Folds FiveI've mentioned it before, and it deserves to be talked about again. Such an emotional song. It makes you feel how alone you can be, even when you're right next to someone.
- •Adia - Sarah McLaughlinI still don't know exactly what this song is about, honestly. It is sad sounding. And it seems to be about having hurt someone. Or not being there for them.
- •Stay - Lisa Loeb and Nine StoriesThis like alone makes this song perfect for this cd: You said, "I caught you 'cause I want you and one day I'll let you go. You try to give away a keeper, or keep me 'cause you know you're just scared to lose. And you say, "Stay."
- •Let Her Cry - Hootie and the BlowfishI was only 13 when Hootie made it big. I didn't k i.e. Much about relationships or love. But this song made me feel like I did. It made me want to grow up. Want to feel these feelings, even if it's hard.
- •Just Wait - Blues TravelerThis song is something I wished some of my friends would have said to me in high school: "If you think I've given up on you you're crazy. And if you think I don't love you, well then you're just wrong. In time you just might take to feeling better. Time is the beauty of the road being long. I know that now you feel no consolation. But maybe if I told you and informed you out loud. I say this without fear of hesitation. I can honestly tell you that you make me proud"
- •I Try - Macy GrayThis song hit big right before high school graduation. It was the perfect way for me to express my feelings. I didn't want to walk away. I didn't want to lose my friends.
- •Foolish Games - JewelJewel's lyrics are always great. She has a wonderful way with words. Here, she feels so hurt by someone who she thought would never hurt her. When i made this cd, I knew that feeling all too well: "Excuse me, guess I've mistaken you for somebody else. Somebody who gave a damn. Somebody more like myself. These foolish games are tearing me, You're tearing me, you're tearing me apart. And your thoughtless words are breaking my heart. You're breaking my heart."
- •Creep - Radiohead"I want you to notice when I'm not around" … that was basically how I felt 24/7. Still is, actually