Things I Need to Change About My Life
I'll be updating this list as my life goes on, to reflect things that I've changed and new things. Also, I would appreciate any feedback on how to accomplish these goals in the comments. This is an awesome community and I know you all have great ideas
- •My weight and overall healthSince I've left the retail world for the corporate office world, I have really become beyond unhealthy. I've let my weight get to a near catastrophic number and I now I sit way more than I move around. I just joined a gym last week, so that's a start
- •Eating fast food so oftenBy often, I'm ashamed to say I mean 5 days a week. Every day before work I stop and get McDonald or Burger King breakfast. I'm really glad this app is my safe place, because it's really hard to admit that. I know how bad it is for me. I know that it will end up killing me one day. Why can't I stop?
- •Drinking sodaI don't drink alcohol. I don't smoke. I don't do drugs. But I would say that this is my strongest addiction, and it is a bad one. Just the thought of coca-cola makes me happy. When I'm thirsty and get a cold can or Coke Zero, my hand literally shakes as I raise it to my lips. I can't go to sleep without having one or two cups of caffeine free Coke Zero. And it doesn't matter if it's diet or regular, both will kill me. This is the hardest thing I want to change
- •Letting my loneliness control my feelingsMy wife and I separated 2 years ago. Most of my feelings throughout the day center on wishing that I had a significant other to share my time with. I'm grateful to have a wonderful daughter half the week, which helps keep me going. But I need to be okay with being alone for now, until the right person comes along
- •My overwhelming need to be likedPartly because of this, and partly because I truly believe that compassion and kindness are always the answer, I get taken advantage of. A lot. My friends know I'll do whatever they need me to. I can't stand the thought of disappointing someone. It leads to me never really having much of an equal footing in most friendships.
- •My anxiety and depressionThis one will never go away. Medicine helps. But I don't want it to control my life anymore. 😟