Already on li.st? Open in app.
My 16yo son started his first job at the local movie theater today.
- •Your phone stays in your pocket. Never use it while you are working, no matter how many Snaps or texts your friends send you
- •From when you clock in to clock out, you are 100% theirs. You are not thinking about your friends or your homework. Your mind is all on work.
- •Never stand around. If you do not have anything to do or you finished your task, always ask your manager what you can do next. If all else fails, grab a broom or pick up trash.
- •Have fun, be friendly.
- 1.The Sporty Game - John NewhouseAlthough written in 1982, still a great book about the commercial airliner industry. Some great history on the L-1011 and DC-10 programs.
- 2.AWS Certified Solutions Architect - Official Study GuideIt got me certified!
- 3.Remote - Jason Fried and DHHShort and catch-phrase-y
A list of programming languages I either know like the back of my hand or have dabbled in by doing at least a simple project. Some are questionable as the their "language" status. Not in any particular order.
- 1.I Can't Believe It's Not Yogurt
- 3.LittellAutocad drafting
My favorite places to travel. In no particular order.
- 1.London, England
- 2.Istanbul, Turkey
- 3.San Diego, CA
A random list of places in Utah I've never been to, that is like to go to someday.
- •Hole in the Rock
- •Cedar Breaks National Monument
- •Calf Creek Falls
I've interviewed and hired dozens of software developers. Here are a few quick and easy tips to stand out.
- •Make your resume accomplishment oriented, not responsibility oriented. Include measurable outcomes (i.e "designed and implemented authentication service that reduced response times by 37% and errors by 18%")
- •When emailing resume include short cover letter in body. This is your chance to let the company know you aren't just blindly sending your resume in. Highlight particular items in your resume that are applicable to the job you're applying for. Resume should be pdf attachment.
- •Answer emails quickly.You don't need to respond within minutes... An hour or two is fine. Quicker during current exchanges.
- •Have a flexible schedule to meet with potential companies.
- •8 hours of work for 8 hours of pay
- •Work now, get things done; play later, have more fun
- •It's not how much you make, it's how much you soend
- •Grace Hopper
- •Ada Lovelace
- •Margaret Hamilton
- •Marissa Mayer
- •New House
- •Polaris RZR
- •First Class tickets around the world for two months