Things I Learned From Watching FLAKED (Netflix):
- •'Magic Black Men' characters are still a thing
- •Middle aged men will fall in love with girls 20 years younger than them before said girls have had 3 lines of dialogue
- •Girls in Venice Beach don't wear bras
- •Liking Frida Kahlo is all you need to make a female character 'quirky/cool'The quirky male character gets hilarious dialogue, a funny name, a weird living arrangement and a story arc that involves putting a finger in a dog's ass. But hey, the chick likes Frida.
- •Middle age dudes fight over 20-something ladies, and will choose them over their actual make friendsEven when the dudes are 12 steppers who have (@ least theoretically) done some basic level of soul searching/moral inventory.
- •If you defend a girl's honor from a guy who thought he had bought sex from her, she will reward you with sex
- •'Magic Black Men' are still stock characters and I'm repeating myself because it's 2016 and they're still stock characters.