Persons important in the history of psychology without an advanced degree in psychology
- •Erik EriksonMost known for his psychosocial theory of development, especially the identity crisis of adolescence. He did not even earn a bachelor's degree.
- •Henry MurrayBest known for the projective personality test, the Thematic Apperception Test. He earned his doctorate in biochemistry.
- •Herbert SimonImportant figure in the development of cognitive psychology and Nobel Prize winner. His PhD was in political science.
- •Jean PiagetWell known for his four-stage theory of cognitive development. His PhD was in natural sciences.
- •Noam ChomskyImportant figure in the psychology of language. He earned his doctorate in linguistics.