SOME 2015 CONCERTS
Saw some great shows this year - in chron order
- •Jack White at MSGWith special guest Q-Tip from A Tribe Called Quest! Mind blowing.
- •Jazzfest and all over New OrleansMardi Gras Indians, La Santa Cecilia, Tedeschi Trucks Band. Stumbling onto Rebirth Brass Band in the street. Live shows in record stores, parks and museums - too many to count!
- •Foo Fighters at Citi FieldDave Grohl rocked out with a broken leg, sitting on a guitar throne. My ears rang for a couple days but worth it.
- •"Okay Africa" show at Central Park SummerstageFantastic Negrito, Young Fathers and Bombino. Sweltering day but we danced our feet off anyway.
- •Chrissie Hynde at The Broad openingSurprise show to open the museum!
- •Alabama Shakes at Forest Hills StadiumFinally got to a show at the old stadium - Brittany wailed and rocked and brought down the house!
- •Honorable mention: Sleater Kinney interviewed at the New Yorker FestivalThey didn't play but I wish they had! Janet was mvp of the day.
- •UPDATE: Sleater-Kinney at Kings Theatre Brooklyn!!!Incredible show - Carrie is a true guitar hero, Corin's voice is astounding, and Janet was a nonstop force