BEST THINGS HEARD OUT THE WINDOW
We live at the end of quiet street that intersects with a busy street on a European first floor. We hear things.
- •Brave - Sara BareillesAt least once a week, sometimes more often, a white Toyota sedan drives by our window blasting this song. It passes our window at the height of Ms. Bareilles piping her 🎶desire to witness your bravery.🎶 Our working theory is that this person leaves work and rocks out on his/her way home. Regardless the wife and I love the Brave driver.
- •Laura - The young woman visiting our neighborsLaura, bless her heart, was visiting our 22 year-old neigh-bros. She is a regular but her best contribution to this list was when one of the boys with whom she was clearly into said "Hey, Laura- You left your purse," when the group was leaving for the bars. Her response, "Don't worry. I will get it when I sleep in your bathtub." Laura is driving the struggle bus.
- •Dim Sum place across the streetNothing really funny but they run their damn generator all damn night to clean the carpet. Yeah I called the non-emergency police line, twice. The dumplings taste fine with a dirty carpet so I not sure why they are cleaning and risking further tickets.
- •Kids negotiating getting out of schoolAbout halfway down our block is a small preschool. Every morning around 8:15 we hear different levels of negotiation😘/total meltdowns😭. It is pretty cute. Side note: dress up days also make our street very cute.
- •SirensNot as bad as First Ave in NYC, but it sounds a lot like this: 🚒🚑🚒🚑🚓🚑🚓🚑🚓🚓🚓🚓🚑🚑. Also see trash trucks.
- •The cats upstairsWhile technically not outside, the cats up stairs must be tortured by a laser pointer every night. They are annoying. But guys did name their wifi "Gay Guys and Gatos" so that is pretty fun. 😾👬