BOOKS ON THE BUS & THEIR READERS
A REVIEW OF PASSIVE-AGGRESSIVE ARROGANCE ON SAN FRANCISCO MUNI
- •Pride and Prejudice; ProtoBro in a Suit - Intently reading his own paperback edition, ProtoBro in a Suit is trolling for the right sapiosexual, who also happens to be a SWF.
- •Grapes of Wrath; Me - My wife is from OK, I am from CA, and it is a classic read. But the parallels to the Great Recession are powerful: the subprime mortgage is today’s job-promising handbill...Fine I’m reading it to seem intellectual on the bus.
- •The Omnivore's Dilemma; Seated woman, early20s, sipping Blue Bottle - This woman will wash down her fair trade coffee with organic, glutenfree selfrighteousness.
- •Crime and Punishment; Dungeons & Dragons type - He most likely is just reading the book.
- •Capital in the 21st Century; Me - I don’t know but reading 800+ pages of neo-Marxist economic theory on the Financial District express bus does it for me.
- •To Kill a Mockingbird; A Middle School Teacher - While potentially getting ready for class, it is more likely she’s rereading in hopes that you will ask her opinion on the newly-discovered Harper Lee manuscript.
- •The Financial Times (paper copy); Man who stepped out of a Brooks Brothers ad - Yeah, you are attuned with emerging markets and developing fiscal policy while supporting a dying industry. Solid dialectic.**See neo-Marxist comment above.
- •You, Inc. (Borrowed from the SFPL); Man in fitted yellow polo manspreading over two seats in back row - I’m not sure what you are trying to say sir.
- •California; Smartly Dressed Yuppie - Congratulations. You watched The Colbert Report and support local book stores.