DORIS SIPOWITZ, PROUD BUBBE AND CO-CHAIR OF THE TEMPLE HAMANTASCHEN COMMITTEE, THINKS ALOUD
A list inspired by a @gabimoskowitz comment.
- •That she's surprised to see you dressed appropriately this year considering that dress you wore in 5767.
- •That she's cold and you should put on a sweater.
- •That a kuggle with low-fat dairy products and blueberry bagels are goyim naches.
- •That the shofar blower could have held the gadolah a bit longer.
- •That while she didn't help the break-the-fast committee this year, she's sure it will be nice.
- •That she thought you'd be married by now.
- •That she was shocked that you were married.
- •That she knows a nice Jewish boy for your sister when she's done with her "phase."
- •That she's disappointed, in general.
- •That she didn't think the rabbi would spend an entire service talking about "that" and never mention Israel.
- •That she felt the ask was too direct.
- •That she hopes you'll consider joining her committee, even though you can't bake very well.
- •(alchet shechatanu for the sin of making fun of the fictional Doris Sopwitz, proud bubbe and co-chair of the temple hamataschen committee)