I GET JOY FROM THESE THINGS
A follow up from yesterday. This most likely will be a less popular list.
- •A smile from my son first thing in the morning.The list could end here and that would be fine.
- •Starting a book I have wanted to read.The adventure awaits and other cliches about the power of books.
- •Watching puppy videos on the internets.#thisismylistofjoydontjudge
- •The perfect pour and first sip of a good beer.Sure I am a snob about my beer. But I still get joy from a ice cold glass of Pliny.
- •Hearing young children tell stories.AND THEN YOU CAME OVER AND WE WERE PLAYING ROCKET SHIPS AND JOE SAID WE SHOULD HAVE A COW IN SPACE 🚀🐄AHAHAHAHAHAHHABABABA. ISNT THE CRAAAAAAAZY?
- •Cooking dinner that turns out unexpectedly well.A roasted cauliflower smoked Gouda bake that I made up as I went. It was #hella good.
- •On that note, using age-inappropriate slang in a quasi-ironic manner.See above description.
- •A smile from my son at the end of a long work day.Am I trolling you with baby pictures? Yes. Are they incredibly adorable? Yes. So we cool.
- •Napping🎤👊🏼✋🏼 #micdrop
- •Afternoon baseball gamesWhile usually a inducer of naps, a good afternoon game is about as American as (playing the entirety of American) Pie.
- •A school bus of kids going nuts to get a truck driver to pull his air horn and he does.🚚📣🚛🚚📣🚛
- •CoffeeHot, iced, black, with milk, lattes, cappuccinos, with cream, pretty much any which way but no sweetener.
- •The sound my son makes when he finishes his yawn.It is a lip smack and exhale. It is the best.
- •In-N-Out BurgerMore specifically the one in Kettleman City, CA (http://bit.ly/1zRBNBg
- •A clean and organized deskIt doesn't happen much, but I really love it when everything is where it belongs.
- •Finishing a good bookA sense of accomplishment, feeling like you are in the know, crying cuz the dog dies ( the dog always dies), etc.
- •My lovely wifeI think this should go without saying but I love her and she brings me great joy and cookies sometimes.