LUXURY BOX BASESBALL
Last night I was invited through work to enjoy #America's pastime like the 1%. It's the way to go, sometimes. Herein, a list of highlights.
- •Free craft beer.An obvious perk but worth noting all the same, the three beers I enjoyed would have put me back $36.
- •The apocryphal Twain quote is true.Summer nights are (woo ohh oh) cold in San Francisco. Having a heated indoor space was sweet. #sorryimnotsorry about any of the horrible puns in this item.
- •Face time with the boss.The president of the company was there and I spent about 45 minutes talking to him about work, baseball, the attributes of "A Clockwork Orange" and the weather (had to start somewhere). So that was good.
- •The view was nice...
- •and so was the lighting
- •NachosThere were lots.
- •There were three TVsWe watched the Stanley Cup finals which was fun and heard some of our new company commercials on the local broadcast of the baseball game.
- •I left the game early and didn't feel guilty.The president left and I went home to see this face. (He was sleeping but still really cute)
- •I got a lyft from an open-minded Palestinian and we talked politics.This is another list for another time.
- •The tickets were free.🎤✋🏼
- •Some downsidesThere aren't many but here are a few: 1. You feel like you aren't there for the sake of the game because you aren't (see: "Face time with boss" for context). 2. Baseball is the great equalizer and "WE ARE THE 1%" doesn't really work in a song about peanuts and Cracker Jacks. 3. Yup that is about it.