++MEMOIRS THAT ARE MASKED APOLOGIES BY THE AUTHORS FOR BEING ASSES++
A theme I've noticed is what makes a memoir interesting also make the authors awful to those close to them. Please add to list.
- •Blood, Bones & Butter - Gabrielle HamiltonThis book is all like 😕but 🍆🍳🍠🍏🍎🍎🍝. Damn son, seriously. Insane surprise shifts for all the loved ones, incredible descriptions of beautiful food and shitty ways to treat people. If any of these books should include more genuflecting to those hurt by the author, this one might be the book to need it
- •Eat and Run - Scott JurekJurek is one of the best ultra runners in the world. 🏃🏼🏃🏼🏃🏼🏃🏼🏃🏼This takes both ultimate humility and epic ego. It also takes a crew of dedicated selfless people. This book was 100% an apology to his best friend who stopped being his best friend as Jurek hit the top of his game.
- •Stress Test - Tim GiethnerIf he took out the pages he dedicated to saying what a shitty father and husband he was during his time running the world financial system, he could have saved 100 pages. That said, his stories were fascinating. 🇰🇷🇲🇽🇺🇸🇬🇧
- •Running on Empty - Marshall UlrichDocumenting the cross-country (literally) run, Ulrich neglected everyone in his life to be an ultra runner. He also was a real selfish asshat during this run.
- •Wild - Cheryl StrayedWe get it: you weren't a good daughter to your mother and should have been. Enough. Enjoy your hike. 🐺 (that's a fox)
- •If I did it- OJ SimpsonSuggested by @dave