MY FEELINGS STUCK ON THE BAY BRIDGE
A Reclaim MLK Day/#BlackLivesMatter protest closed the western span of the Bay Bridge.
- •I'm a strong supporter of this movement and I love the nonviolence of it.
- •I'm pissed to be sitting on the bridge.
- •My parents should have taken BART to the Oakland airport.
- •The demands of this particular protest aren't measurable or achievable.As I'm currently stuck on the bridge it's my place to talk about it.
- •But it's not my place to say what the demands should be. I still support the movement, if not this moment.
- •Today is the right day for this kind of action as MLK also did take action like this which made lives of people like me very difficult for a short time.
- •This is a bigger statement than the BART action from last year as more folks will be talking about it.But I'm not sure what if anything will come of this particular action.
- •These folks are going to jail for a long time.
- •Yet I suppose that one action isn't the point. It's about the accumulated experience and shift is social experience.