PBS SHOWS TO WHICH I FALL ASLEEP
I love PBS and am a sustaining member of KQED but if I am having trouble falling a sleep I just have to find a public broadcast on my DVR.
- •FRONTLINEThere is something about the announcer's serious voice that says "be outraged, but first take a little nap." I just guess I like falling asleep to corruption, death and exposed lies.
- •The News HourWhile not as consistent, watching The News Hour is pretty solid. It leads to dreams where I debate Gwen Ifill and we then get baked goods and fix the racial divide in our country while sailing on the Potomac, or something like that.
- •Independent LensThis depression-causing series of documentaries takes me at least two viewing per film to learn why everything that is wrong is my fault.
- •Charlie RoseThis is for really bad insomnia. I don't mess with it on a regular basis.
- •The RooseveltsTwo words: Ken. Burns.
- •Antiques Road ShowGod I love this show and try so hard to see how much they ugly-ass table is worth. Odds are however I will see an appreciation of my sleep rather than the cost of that beautiful Federal-style card table.
- •Check, Please! Bay AreaWatching Leslie's hair styles evolve is fun but this 30 minute gem is like an OD of old school public broadcasting. I consider this one a solid choice for a nap or finding a cute little place in Walnut Creek I will never visit.