PHRASES THAT CAN BE DONE ++
As a corporate communicator, I hear these all the time. Add the ones you hate too!
- •Lean inAlso: Being bossy is different than showing leadership skills and both are normal parts of development. #bringonthehate
- •At the end of the dayThat's when I go home or have a drink or both depending on how the rest of the day transpired.
- •Low hanging fruitUnless you work in agriculture just stop talking.
- •UtilizeThe word you are looking for is "use." (I'm guilty of utilizing this word too often.)
- •Best-practicesMy visceral reaction isn't immediate gagging upon hearing this one, but come on folks. Time to step it up.
- •Pushing on an open door.Fine, use low hanging fruit...
- •Cross functional integrationWorking together. See, wasn't that easier?
- •Proof pointsOh you mean supporting information?
- •Pain pointsRelated to the above but no, dealing with the weekly meeting isn't a "pain point" for the functionally integrated team.
- •MitigationsJust shut up.
- •NinjasDear tech world. Stop it.
- •Pushing back.It's ok.You can call it 'disagreeing'. I will still like you.Suggested by @zkamenetz
- •LearningsWe already have a real word for this. It's 'lessons'.Suggested by @zkamenetz
- •Circle back around
- •OrganicAs in happening naturally or looking or feeling real, overused and under explained too often
- •In his/her/our/their wheelhouseAgain colorful without actually offering Germaine detail or meaning
- •Disrupting/disruptiveSuggested by @StirAndStrain